TKE Process & Expertise
• Recognize the desire and need for a new or renovated kitchen.
• Arrange by phone, email or showroom visit, an initial consultation at your home.
• Job site measurements include: walls, windows, doors, ceiling heights, and bulkheads.
• During this home consultation, the designer can get a “feel” for your space, your likes and dislikes, your wants and needs.
• Now we go to work for you, designing 20/20 computer perspective drawings and floor plans. Often more than one plan is created to show different layout options.
• At this point, another showroom consultation is scheduled where the presentation is made. This includes further discussion about the hardware choices.
• Providing the layout is ok and not in need of any adjustments, we can then begin quoting a complete package.
• Cabinets are then ordered and generally take between 4-8 weeks for delivery, and now your project is scheduled.
• Countertops are also ordered and all trades are notified of the installation dates.
• Prior to cabinets arriving, usually about a week, the renovation begins. This includes tearout of existing kitchen, walls and flooring. All new plumbing rough in, relocating and electrical work is next and any additional carpentry work.
• Next are drywalling, repairs and painting followed by new flooring installation.
• At this point the new cabinets have arrived and are ready for installation.
• Countertops can now be templated for fabrication, and depending on material selected, require between 2-14 business days.
• Appliances can be put in place and levelled.
• Electricians and plumbers can now return for final hook ups of all appliances, lighting, dishwashers, sinks and faucets.
• Backsplash tiles are now installed to complete the process.
• Invite your friends and family over and Enjoy!